Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
For our operations in Nampula/Mozambique, we are looking for an
Development worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for organisational development of two associations
Field of activity
ProEcon's approach is to strengthen the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises by organising the supply chain with smallholder farmers, which thus gain access to inputs, services, knowledge and regulated markets. Under co-financing from the EU programme ProMove, the project additionally strengthens the cashew value chain (VC). In order to organise the VC efficiently and to improve quality in production and processing, two key actors are supported: the Association of Cashew Processors (AICAJU) and the Association of Cooperatives (AMPCM). Their cooperation and respective internal organisation are essential for good framework conditions, development of commercial potentials and dissemination of innovations.
- Capacity development within AICAJU to implement its 2021 strategy
- Strengthen capacity in AICAJU to effectively participate in policy dialogue by organising internal coordination
- Improve advisory to AICAJU members, especially regarding inclusive business models and access to services
- Facilitate dialogue and long-term business relationships with producers and cooperatives
- Capacity development in AMPCM to support cooperatives meeting market demands
- Improving coaching activities for cooperatives, particularly in relation to business plans
- Building an effective communication structure between cooperatives, AMPCM and AICAJU
- Advising AICAJU and AMPCM on financial management, acquisition and business model
- University degree in agriculture, administration, economy or related fields
- Work experience with value chain analysis and agribusiness
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge of inclusive business models and development partnerships with the private sector
- Knowledge of structure and functions of cooperatives and associations
- Fluency in English; Portuguese skills are an asset
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 02/06/2022.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=58979
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de.