Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
For our operations in Bruxelles/Belgium, we are looking for an
Advisor (m/f/d) Policy and Capacity Development for the Multi-Donor-Action Capacity for Nutrition
Assignment period: 08/01/2022 - 04/30/2024
Field of activity
The Multi-Donor-Action ‘Capacity for Nutrition (C4N)’ is a component of the ‘Knowledge for Nutrition (K4N)’ program. K4N aims to support the European Commission (EC), its partners, and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany (BMZ) with competence and knowledge to inform nutrition-related programmes and policies with evidence-based approaches and strategies. C4N aims to strengthen capacities to enhance the knowledge base of the EC, European Union (EU) Delegations, EU Member States and partner countries to advance the fight against all forms of malnutrition. C4N is a key element of the EC’s ‘Nutrition for Development Program (N4D)’, which underpins the implementation of the EU’s ‘Action Plan for Nutrition’ (APN). The overall aim of the position is to contribute to improving food and nutrition security, through the promotion of a multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder approach.
- Provide strategic advice on nutrition to the global and regional partners involved in C4N implementation, in line with the new European Consensus on Development, the European Consensus on Humanitarian Aid and the Agenda 2030
- Together with the C4N Senior Nutrition Expert, provide technical assistance and support the EU’s engagement with nutrition policy and governance efforts at European and international levels e. g. SUN Movement, N4G, etc and the private sector
- Coordinate and communicate with the sub-grantee organisations, to attain full coherence with the EU policy framework and APN and to facilitate the institutional development of multi-stakeholder processes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of capacity development initiatives, in collaboration with relevant nutrition stakeholders
- Facilitate knowledge exchange on global and regional policy and governance issues
- Prepare technical input for communication products such as handouts, presentations, blog posts, tweets and publications for the visibility of ECs support to governance and policy initiatives at global and regional levels
- Provide technical backstopping to C4N consultants, and assess the quality of services provided and reports submitted
- Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management system of K4N/C4N with special focus on global and regional policy and governance-related action
- University degree in relevant fields, e. g. nutrition, agriculture, public health, international relations, development studies, public administration
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably gained abroad with a donor in the field of global nutrition or related fields, especially nutrition-sensitive programming and capacity development, nutrition policy, and nutrition strategy development
- Excellent grasp of the linkages between all forms of malnutrition and food security/right to food/dietary quality in external assistance as well as of the international nutrition landscape
- Proven experience of institutional donor engagement with the private sector
- Team orientation, flexibility within a rapidly-changing environment, high degree of intrinsic motivation and self-efficacy to achieve results, and the ability to deliver goal-oriented results on time
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with proven experience in writing briefings and policy documents, establishing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at national and global levels
- Good understanding of EU aid modalities, EU policy on nutrition, and prior experience with EC/DEVCO and/or EU Delegations will be considered an asset
- Business fluent english; fluent french will be considered a strong asset; basic knowledge of German will be considered an asset
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 06/23/2022.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=61835
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-ID V000050098.